[ic] Help the n00b! what's up with http://http//"IP.ADDRESS.HERE"/cgi-bin/ic/"StoreName"/

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Thu Jul 12 19:39:48 EDT 2007

On 07/12/2007 01:23 PM, Chris Moore wrote:
> I noticed that everything other than the store main page was pointing to the
> internal IP address (thus did not work out of network), and I found in the
> interchange administration where the locations were set, under the table
> 'variable' fields 'SAMPLEURL', 'SECURE_SERVER', and 'SERVER_NAME'. I changed
> all these to my static IP address http://72.149.119.171 thinking that would
> fix the problem until I transfer my domain name over from godaddy. This was
> apparently a bad idea, as the address for all the links started beginning
> with "http://http//72.149....."  Oops -I must've made a typo- where's the
> ":" and why the doubling there? I go back into the admin mode by manually
> tweaking the address bar and check my work - no I had actually put in the
> ":". But I apparently can't fix it now because it won't save with the
> setting wrong using the interchange console.  Help!!!

Edit the file products/variables.txt, find the entry for SERVER_NAME and
remove the http:// part, then restart Interchange.

> Another issue that has been covered here a dozen times, but I really need a
> lot of hand holding to fix:
>
> I am still running a threaded perl -5.8.8 and I am relatively clueless as to
> where or how to get an unthreaded version.

You can run Interchange on the newest threaded perl versions (yours is
new enough) without problems but you'll still take about a 30%
performance hit.  Depending on which version of IC you are running you
may have to set the MINIVEND_FORCE_THREADS environment variable when
starting IC, though.

If you want to run IC on an unthreaded perl then you need to compile
your own.  Feel free to drop into irc.icdevgroup.org #interchange and
I'll give you few pointers on that if you want.

Peter