[ic] Install Problem dbconf/default_db Missing

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Fri Jul 13 16:08:53 EDT 2007

"Paul Kauf" <paul at thekaufs.com> wrote:
> I have just installed 5.4.2 with no errors I can see.
>
> But when I run the bin/makecat XXXXXX to get a test store up, I choose to
> NOT install
> with either Postgres or MYSQL - assuming it will default to the GDBM
> database.
>
> But when I restart the interchange server, I get the error :
>
> , must have either MySQL or Postgres
> In line 92 of the configuration file 'catalog.cfg':
>
> My friend has this installed, and under his dbconf directory, there is a
> default_db for the GDBM stuff.
>
> My install doesn't appear to have it.  I don't understand what is causing
> the default (non SQL DB) file database
> not to work or install.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The Standard demo requires a SQL database to be present.  Did your
friend use the old Foundation demo as a starting point?

You can grab the foundation demo from the following page:

    http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/downloads/demos.html

I suggest that you just install MySQL or PostgreSQL and start from
the Standard demo.

By the way, I just noticed that the Standard demo, listed on that
RTFM downloads page, is old.  I'll update it later.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz