[ic] Reports menu problem

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Tue Jul 17 20:17:18 EDT 2007

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, Gert van der Spoel wrote:

> I suppose this could be considered a bug and '!='   =>  'ne'  should be
> added to SQL_Parser.pm

Actually, != is not part of standard SQL. The inequality operator is <>
only. PostgreSQL and MySQL both have != as an alias, but it's nonstandard.

I don't know if anyone would mind having it as an alias, though.

> So for example get:
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/interchange/dist/lib/UI/pages/admin
> /reports/order/ByAffiliate.html?rev=2.5;content-type=text%2Fplain
>
> Change the query:
> 	sql="
> 		select affiliate, campaign, total_cost, order_date
> 			from  transactions
> 			WHERE deleted != '1' [scratch date_limit] [scratch
> synd_limit]
> 			order by affiliate, campaign, order_date
>
> Change != into <>

Good idea. It's nice if our SQL works with our SQL parser. :)

I changed several instances of != to <> in SQL, all that I could find, in
the development trunk of CVS. I notice that we fixed a few of these back
in the 4.9 era too, when Vend::SQL_Parser was first added.

Thanks,
Jon