[ic] Rewrite rules kill forms

Ton Verhagen tverhagen at alamerce.nl
Wed Jul 18 06:50:17 EDT 2007

At 12:02 PM 7/18/2007,
Racke wrote:
>[snip]
> >> You don't need complicate things with using Rewrite. Alias directives
> >> are working just fine.
> >>
> >> Alias /images/ /home/racke/linuxia/html/images/
> >> Alias /css/ /home/racke/linuxia/html/css/
> >> Alias /js/ /home/racke/linuxia/html/js/
> >> Alias /interchange-5/ /var/www/interchange-5/
> >> Alias /favicon.ico /home/racke/linuxia/html/favicon.ico
> >> ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/linuxia/linuxia.de/cgi-bin/
> >> ScriptAliasMatch ^/(.*)$ /home/linuxia/linuxia.de/cgi-bin/linuxia/$1
> >
> > Looks like an excellent alternative.
> >
> > After implemented your Alias directive solution I get an HTTP 404 error
> > when accessing an existing catalog page .
> >
> > Am I still missing something?
>
>The logs are your friend :-).

Just a simple message in the access log:
         GET /index.html HTTP/1.1" 404 19

and No log line in Apache error log.

The virtual host section contains:

     ServerName www.mydomain.com
     ServerAlias mydomain.com
     ServerAdmin webmaster at mydomain.com
     DocumentRoot /opt/guide/www.mydomain.com/HTML

     Alias /images/ /opt/guide/www.mydomain.com/HTML/images/
     Alias /inc/ /opt/guide/www.mydomain.com/HTML/inc/
     Alias /interchange-5/ /opt/guide/www.mydomain.com/HTML/interchange-5/
     Alias /robots.txt /opt/guide/www.mydomain.com/HTML/robots.txt
     Alias /favicon.ico /opt/guide/www.mydomain.com/HTML/favicon.ico

     ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /opt/guide/www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/

     ScriptAliasMatch ^/(.*)$ /opt/guide/www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/mycatalog/$1

without the ScriptAliasMatch everything works as before.

What could be wrong?

Best regards,

Ton

--
Alamerce Nederland --- Cornerstone of eBusiness
Phone +31-40-2374381    info at alamerce.nl    http://www.alamerce.nl

eCommerce Solutions -- Consulting -- Website & Interchange Hosting