[ic] no access for database

ic at 3edge.com ic at 3edge.com
Thu Jul 19 05:27:05 EDT 2007

> On 19/07/07, ic at 3edge.com <ic at 3edge.com> wrote:
> > > I am trying to use the query tag in perl however i receive the
> > > following error.
> > >
> > > table products: Query on table quote_items failed: no access for
> > > database quote_items at
> > > /var/www/vhosts/jobs.avunit.com/interchange/lib/Vend/Data.pm line
> > > 1055. Query was: INSERT INTO quote_items VALUES ('25', '10', '1',
> > > 'CONF-LAB-LABAUD', 'Audio Engineer. Standard day rate', '7',
> '195.00',
> > > '', 'Labour', '', '', '')
> > >
> > > I have looked at this and added the following bit to my perl
> opening
> > > tag so that it now has.
> > >
> > > [perl tables=quote_items]
> > >
> > > however i still get this error.  How do i give this permission for
> > > interchange to place new items in this table.
> >
> > - is this a new table, or an already existing table?
> > - have you been doing other queries on this table in other locations
> without problems?
> > - could you provide more context regarding the problem?
> Hi Gert
>
> This is a new table i have created.
>
> I can perform queries on this table outside of the perl tags
> successfully, both select and insert queries.
>
> The page actually loops through a large form on the previous which has
> a couple of 100 fields for various items these fields are numbered
> 1,2,3, etc. When it loops whrough it checks if it has a value inside
> it and if it does it does an insert query.
>

> for($i=1;$i<=$count;$i++) {
>

> 		my $quantity = $CGI->{$i._quantity};
> 		if ($quantity) {
> 			my $sku = $CGI->{$i._sku};
> 			my $description = $CGI->{$i._description};
> 			my $price = $CGI->{$i._price};
> 			my $weight = $CGI->{$i._weight};
> 			my $group_text = $CGI->{$i._group_text};
> 			my $group_selected = $CGI->{$i._group_selected};
> 			my $category = $CGI->{$i._category};
>
> 			my $group;
>
> 			if ($group_text) {
> 				$group = $group_text;
> 			} else {
> 				$group = $group_selected;
> 			}
> 			$sql = "INSERT INTO quote_items VALUES ('$code',
> '$project', '1n',
> '$sku', '$description', '$quantity', '$price', '$weight', '$group',
> '$category', '', '')";
> 			my $ins = $Tag->query({
> 	    			 sql => $sql,
>    				 hashref => 'ins',
> 			});
>
> 			$code++;
> 		}
>

> 	}
>
> Heres the code which may make it a bit clearer wqhta i am trying to do.

Have a read here:
http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/tags/perl.html#tables

Probably you are not able to do an INSERT with the current settings in your configuration files.

Also I suggest making it [perl tables="quote_items"]   (adding quotes around the table). Just to keep things clean when adding more attributes to the tag.

CU,

Gert