[ic] Interchange remote Postgres TCP

Stephen Peters icdevgroup at killbygayford.co.uk
Thu Jul 19 07:53:19 EDT 2007

I can't seem to get interchange to  connect to a remote Postgres server.
I have the following entry
in /var/lib/interchange/catalogs/standard/catalog.cfg

ifndef SQLDSN
Variable  SQLDSN  dbi:Pg:dbname=standard;host='my.postgres.server':5432
Variable  SQLDB   standard
Variable  SQLUSER standard
Variable  SQLPASS lamepassword
endif

When I try to start Interchange I get the following errors:

Configuring catalog standard...Using PostgreSQL,
DSN=dbi:Pg:dbname=standard...table 'tree' failed: connect failed
(create) -- could not connect to server: No such file or directory
        connections on Unix domain socket
"/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

table 'state' failed: connect failed (create) -- could not connect to
server: No such file or directory
        connections on Unix domain socket
"/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

etc, etc....

Is my configuration correct for a Postgres setup?
How do I configure Interchange to connect to a remote database?

Steve