[ic] Interchange remote Postgres TCP

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Thu Jul 19 10:11:31 EDT 2007

Quoting Stephen Peters (icdevgroup at killbygayford.co.uk):
> I can't seem to get interchange to  connect to a remote Postgres server.
> I have the following entry
> in /var/lib/interchange/catalogs/standard/catalog.cfg
>
> ifndef SQLDSN
> Variable  SQLDSN  dbi:Pg:dbname=standard;host='my.postgres.server':5432
> Variable  SQLDB   standard
> Variable  SQLUSER standard
> Variable  SQLPASS lamepassword
> endif
>
> When I try to start Interchange I get the following errors:
>
> Configuring catalog standard...Using PostgreSQL,
> DSN=dbi:Pg:dbname=standard...table 'tree' failed: connect failed
> (create) -- could not connect to server: No such file or directory
>         Is the server running locally and accepting
>         connections on Unix domain socket
> "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
>

> table 'state' failed: connect failed (create) -- could not connect to
> server: No such file or directory
>         Is the server running locally and accepting
>         connections on Unix domain socket
> "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
>
> etc, etc....
>
> Is my configuration correct for a Postgres setup?
> How do I configure Interchange to connect to a remote database?

I assume you can connect to that DSN from a standard Perl DBI call:

    perl -MDBI -le "DBI->connect( \
	qq{dbi:mysql:dbname=test_found;host='my.postgres.server':5432} \
	) and print qq{OK!}"

Why do you have single quotes in the DSN? Have you tried without them?
Why do you call out the port when 5432 is the standard for a remote
host?

--
Mike Heins

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown