[ic] Interchange remote Postgres TCP

Greg Hanson greg at perusion.com
Thu Jul 19 13:29:26 EDT 2007

Stephen Peters wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 12:06 -0400, Mike Heins wrote:
>

>>> ifndef SQLDSN
>>> Variable  SQLDSN
>>> dbi:Pg:dbname=standard;host='my.postgres.server';port=5432;
>>> Variable  SQLDB   standard
>>> Variable  SQLUSER standard
>>> Variable  SQLPASS lamepassword
>>> endif
>>>
>> Looks like you still have single quotes there -- why? You
>> haven't done what is suggested.
>>
>> In any case, remote DSNs work fine with IC and there have been no
>> reports other than yours with doubtful syntax.
>>
>> Suggest you start from scratch and use a standard DSN instead of trying
>> to specify port and single quotes when you don't need to.
>>

> Sorry, I seem to have been suffering from fat fingers when typing the
> reply. I can't get it to work without the quotes i.e.
>
> Variable  SQLDSN  dbi:Pg:dbname=standard;host=my.postgres.server;port=5432;
>
> I have also tried it without the port:
>
> Variable  SQLDSN  dbi:Pg:dbname=standard;host=my.postgres.server;
>
> Should either of these DSN's work?
>
> Steve

> .

In your original post you posted this error:

When I try to start Interchange I get the following errors:

Configuring catalog standard...Using PostgreSQL,
DSN=dbi:Pg:dbname=standard...table 'tree' failed: connect failed
(create) -- could not connect to server: No such file or directory
        connections on Unix domain socket

I do not see any host in this error message. Are you sure that the SQLDSN you think is being used is actually the one being used?  Do you have a site.txt file?

Greg

--
Greg Hanson
Interchange Consulting