[ic] Interchange remote Postgres TCP

Stephen Peters speters at killbygayford.co.uk
Fri Jul 20 03:02:22 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 11:13 -0600, Jon Jensen wrote:

> It appears to me that your DSN setting is being overwritten somewhere
> else. I suggest grepping for it, like this:
>
> cd /path/to/catalog
> grep -ri 'dbi:pg:' .
>
> and see where else the DSN may be getting set.
> Jon

On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 10:29 -0700, Greg Hanson wrote:

In your original post you posted this error:

> When I try to start Interchange I get the following errors:
>
> Configuring catalog standard...Using PostgreSQL,
> DSN=dbi:Pg:dbname=standard...table 'tree' failed: connect failed
> (create) -- could not connect to server: No such file or directory
>         Is the server running locally and accepting
>         connections on Unix domain socket
>
> I do not see any host in this error message. Are you sure that the SQLDSN you think is being used is actually the one being used?  Do you have a site.txt file?
>
> Greg

It now works.

grep -ri 'dbi:Pg:' . found the catalog.cfg as you might expect. It also
found the files  variable.gdbm  and variable.txt in the products
directory. In both files the DSN was truncated after the dbname=name
entry. I  removed the .gdbm file and edited the .txt file. I changed
the DSN, username and password. On restart Interchange connected to the
remote Postgres database.

I'm still not sure why Interchange modifies the DSN set in the
catclog.cfg, but I do now have working database access. Thanks again
for all your help.

Steve Peters