[ic] more-list by criteria aka Group By

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Sat Jul 21 01:20:28 EDT 2007

Hello

I am wondering if it's possible to alter the more-list internals to account
for results based on criteria and yes - I know this sounds like a house of
cards.

Basically, I am using [prefix onchange] to reduce the actual amount of
products displayed in the resultset, so the more-list might say "results
1-7 of 52" but there may only be 3 items showing. I was hoping it would not
be too much a hit to have an addition where you could set a more-lists
pseudo "group by" setting ala:

ml=12
more=1
more_unique=sku

Yes, I know I can use sql to narrow down my results in a better fashion,
however that is not what I am doing. I use a custom OnFly system that
allows me to create one product sku, that is linked to an infinite ways to
sell it. Sort of like "options" however these options are similar across
many products, so I can control a way to sell 1000 items, by changing one
row. For example, I sell an image, and it is available as a low rez
download, high rez download, 24x36 poster, 18x24 poster, etc. My options
don't change item by item, but rather by large sets of items.

Till now, I have not needed to display the items in this way (I usually
handle it on a flypage). I wish to show a list of items with all their ways
they can be purchased.

This is all easily solved using (ultimately) many queries on the page, but
I am accomplishing this all in one joined query, and want to exhaust this
attempt first.

TIA

Paul