[ic] How to create another page in interchange?

Music music at labyrinth.net.au
Thu Jul 26 00:46:27 EDT 2007

> We have the default menu on top of our website : Home, Log In, Your cart,
> Check Out, Service, About Us.
> We want to add one more menu or you can call it a page on top of our
> website.
> We want to add FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) on top of our website and
> we want to put that after About Us.

> We have the default menu on top of our website : Home, Log In, Your cart,
> Check Out, Service, About Us.
> We want to add one more menu or you can call it a page on top of our
> website.
> We want to add FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) on top of our website and
> we want to put that after About Us.

The first part of it is to create the page.

This can be confusing with the admin UI because I think with some installs
the "Content" tab is hidden by default.

You can find a link to the content management area by clicking:

"Miscellaneous"
"Content"

Then click "New page" and name it something like faq.html

Add content to this page and then click "OK" and then click "Publish".

When your page is done you can view it using:
www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/linkname/faq

LINKING FROM ANOTHER PAGE
If you want to create a link to it from another page type in:

ADDING TO A MENU
If you want to add a link to it in a menu click the "Menus" tab.
Choose 'catalog/top' from the drop down list.
Click 'Append menu item'
Then check the box next to the 'NEW' item that should have appeared.
Enter a 'Name' for the menu link i.e. FAQ
and type in 'faq' in the 'page' field.

Then "Save menu item"

You can move the page to any position in the menu with the arrow icons.

Then click 'Publish' and it should be done.