[ic] Bug in "EITHER" coretag

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Fri Mar 9 18:48:55 EST 2007

On 03/09/2007 03:17 PM, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
> Peter wrote:
>>> Therefore the last statement in the tag should be:
>>> return $result if $result =~ /\S/;
>> So what if the first result is "0"?  it would still return it.
> I said the last statement in the tag, not the return within the loop.
>> And I don't think this addresses the problem that was originally stated
>> either.
>> return $result if $result is the right way to do it, but there needs to
>> be a way to return the last result in the loop if all tests fail.
> See above.

Actually I think this may work best:

sub {
        my ($notrim, $body) = @_;
        my @ary = split /\[or\]/, $body;
        my $result;
        while(@ary) {
                $result = interpolate_html(shift @ary);
                unless ($notrim) {
                    $result =~ s/^\s+//;
                    $result =~ s/\s+$//;
                return $result if $result;
        return $result;

There's no need to check the last return value, just return it regardless.