[ic] Pragma no_white working?

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 16:11:38 EST 2007

> > Hello, could anyone using a recent version of IC tell me if Pragma
> > no_white is working to eliminate all white space from delivered HTML?
> > A no_white filter is documented, but a Pragma was mentioned on this
> > list a while back.
>
> I remember that post. It was a mistake on part of the author,
> there's no no_white pragma, he meant filter.

I just tried the no_white filter and apparently no_white really means
no white.  I wrote a new filter to remove blank lines only:

CodeDef no_blank_lines Routine <<EOR
sub {
my $val = shift;
$val =~ s/\n+/\n/g;
return $val;
}
EOR

and wrapped that around my bottom template which contains most of my
HTML.  Unfortunately it didn't work.  I get just as many blank lines.

> One other thing you could do is put all pages through HTMLTidy
> or indent to fix/reformat them before sending to user. This
> functionality (passing data through external program) is not working
> since a few years ago (and obviously noone was using it), but the fix is
> on my todo list.

Do you mean mod_tidy?  I'm in a discussion with a guy on the apache
list about mod_tidy and he has urged me to steer clear of it.

- Grant