[ic] Pragma no_white working?

Davor Ocelic docelic at mail.inet.hr
Sun Mar 11 21:09:41 EST 2007

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 15:01:52 -0700
Grant <emailgrant at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Well, my guess is that blank lines are a leftover from processing of
> > Interchange tags which return no value. And that whitespace isn't
> > all newlines, there are some spaces on those lines.
> >
> > So try something like =~ s/\s*\n+\s*/\n/g;
>
> I tried that in the no_blank_lines filter with the same results.  I
> guess the blank lines are being generated after the filtering.

Well, I don't see how.

In any case,
I ran the exact code you showed and it worked for me when I enclosed
the page in [filter no_blank_lines]  .... ..    [/filter].

> > No, I mean htmltidy or indent.. external programs used for formatting
> > input, and not related to apache in any way.
> >
> > They are probably slow to run and all, so you won't want them on a
> > busy site.
>
> Are those client programs?

I don't understand? They are normal programs that, if you'd want them,
you'd install on the IC server machine, and the client browsers would
get the finished page as usual, without knowing about it.

-doc