[ic] "Fuzzy" searching

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Thu Mar 29 01:02:07 EST 2007

Grant <emailgrant at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I'm actually hoping to search the title and description fields of my
> > > products table.  Would Swish work well for that or is it mainly
> > > designed to crawl and index HTML pages?
> > >
> > There are no "pages" in the RTFM website.  All of the text is in
> > various database tables.  Crawling tables is just as easy as crawling
> > HTML pages.  In fact, it's quicker and easier to select from a table.
> >
> Nice.  Do you use it for speed and fuzzy searching?

I use it for fuzzy searching and for the general accuracy of its
results.  It's very quick too, which is always a bonus.

> > I use "op=aq", and I'm happy with that.
> >
> I installed Text::Query::Advanced but op=aq doesn't seem to be
> working.  Is there any special configuration that needs to be done?

I have "Require module Text::Query" in interchange.cfg.  I don't
think that that is required;  The directive is really there to give
me a kick if I move the website to another server and forget to
install the module.

Did you install Text::Query or just Text::Query::Advanced?  I think
Text::Query comes with both ::Advanced and and ::Simple sub-modules.
You'll need the base module.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz