[ic] "Fuzzy" searching

Ron Phipps ron at endpoint.com
Thu Mar 29 11:30:06 EST 2007

Grant wrote:
>> > I spoke a little too soon.  op=tq is failing intermittently and
>> > leaving an error in error.log.  op=aq appears to leave the same error
>> > each time.  Here it is:
>> >
>> > search error: Limit subroutine creation: Bad code: syntax error at
>> > (tag 'value') line 8, near "] tqsearch term "
>> >
>> > If I use op=rm it never fails or produces that error in error.log.
>> > Could this be because I'm on IC 5.2?  Is there a particular file or
>> > set of files I should grab from CVS to try and fix this?
>> >
>> > - Grant
>> Hi Grant,
>> Yes, this error was fixed previously, however I'm not sure which files 
>> it involved.  I looked through the archives and could not find the 
>> information.  Sorry I can't be of more help.
>> Are you in RPC mode?
> Thanks Ron.  I am in RPC mode, but I changed it a bit:
> PreFork                 Yes
> StartServers            5
> MaxServers              100
> MaxRequestsPerChild     100
> ChildLife               3660
> HouseKeeping            2
> PIDcheck                120
> - Grant

I think the issue only relates to RPC mode, but you may run into other issues in your particular environment.

Here at End Point we have standardized on running in low or high traffic mode with MaxServers 0 and that has worked well for us.  FrozenCPU.com runs on those settings and they use op=aq for the text search.

I do remember this issue being fixed in a later version of IC, and I tested it in RPC mode, so it's just a matter of tracking down which files changed.

Take it easy,

Ron Phipps
End Point Corporation
ron at endpoint.com

More information about the interchange-users mailing list