[ic] Phone Number Lookup

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Tue May 22 20:49:37 EDT 2007

interchange-users-bounces at icdevgroup.org wrote:
> Steve Graham <icdev at mrlock.com> wrote:
>> Has anyone implemented reverse phone number lookup, something like
>> the following:
>> http://www.serviceobjects.com/products/dots_geophone.asp
>>
>> It looks like an interesting security feature. Just curious if there
>> are other options, any comments appreciated.
>>
> Well, it doesn't seem to be too interesting as a security tool in my
> view.  I imagine that quite a few people use numbers other than their
> home number (work, mobile phone, VoIP etc.).
>
> I tried looking up my two US numbers:
>
> 888 928 7767 (nothing at all - not even provider info):
>
>     <PhoneInfo>
>       <Providers/>
>       <Contacts/>
>     </PhoneInfo>
>
> 360 515 3428 (provider info but no contact info):
>
>     <PhoneInfo>
>       <Providers>
>         <Provider>
>           <Name>INTERNATIONAL TELCOM, LTD. - WA</Name>
>           <City>SEATTLE</City>
>           <State>WASHINGTON</State>
>           <LineType>LANDLINE</LineType>
>         </Provider>
>       </Providers>
>       <Contacts/>
>     </PhoneInfo>

Kevin, sure you used it right? Here are my results for  888 928 7767

     <PhoneInfo>
       <Providers>
         <Provider>
           <Name>KEVINS FALAFEL WAREHOUSE</Name>
           <City>GODSTONE</City>
           <State>ENGLAND</State>
           <LineType>LANDLINE</LineType>
	<TagLine>WE MAKE FALAFELS LIKE NOBODYS BUSINESS, AND PERL
CONSULTING</TagLine>
         </Provider>
       </Providers>
       <Contacts/>