[ic] Re: interchange-users Digest, Vol 47, Issue 18

Carl Bailey carl at carlbailey.net
Thu May 24 12:43:21 EDT 2007

On May 24, 2007, at 12:00 PM, kevin at cursor.biz wrote:

> Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 19:24:40 +0100
> From: Kevin Walsh <kevin at cursor.biz>
> Subject: Re: [ic] Rolling big tables (mysql)
> To: interchange-users at icdevgroup.org

>>> Perhaps you should create a column called "spider" in the traffic
>>> table
>>> and save a true or false value depending upon the [data session
>>> spider]
>>> value.  You can then generate reports "WHERE spider = 0", for
>>> ordinary
>>> users, or "WHERE spider = 1" for robots etc.  An index on the spider
>>> column
>>> would be nice, of course.
>>
>> I let this roll around in my head for quite a while and I ended up
>> writing the IC page accesses to my traffic table based on [data
>> session spider] like you suggested.  This should mean a much smaller
>> traffic table and less processing when running a report on it.  We'll
>> see how much time it buys me before running the report takes too long
>> again.  I also need to set up indexes.
>>
> Also, you may as well grab the latest robots.cfg file from CVS and
> "include" it into your interchange.cfg file.

... and where would that be in CVS?  I read the MANIFEST and it cited
only /debian/robot.cfg but the file is not present here:
http://www.icdevgroup.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/interchange/debian/?
only_with_tag=REL_5_4_2

I guess either the file is missing or the manifest is wrong.

Grateful if you can point me in the right direction.

Carl