[ic] Payment gateways

Lyn St George lyn at zolotek.net
Fri May 25 19:42:41 EDT 2007

On Wed, 23 May 2007 14:33:28 -0700, Peter wrote:

>On 05/23/2007 01:22 PM, Dale Godfrey wrote:
>> Hi, I have hosting with Lunar Pages, and was deciding
>> between your interchange shopping cart, and the agora
>> shopping cart.  I did your demo and when I got to the
>> payment credit card page, I thought about this
>> concern. I have a merchant account at my retail store,
>> but not an online merchant account.  Can I use paypal
>> as my online payment gateway with your shopping cart?
>> I don't want to have to pay for an online merchant
>> account on top of my retail merchant account.
>
>IC works by default in a mode where it will email you encrypted credit
>card info that can be entered into your regular brick and mortar credit
>card terminal, it doesn't have to be integrated through an online
>payment gateway.
>
>PayPal Express and PayPal Pro integration is available at
><http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/downloads/payments.html>.

I have recently updated PaypalExpress to include Instant Payment
Notification. This is primarily to do recurring payments with, but it
also handles the other delayed IPN events that they send back.

I need to tweak the Mass Payments and a couple of other parts
of the API, do some more testing and then release it. Hopefully
some time in the next week or so.

>I would recommend in the long run that you get a decent online merchant
>account, but using email mode should be fine for starting out.
>
>Peter

-
Lyn