[ic] SessionExpire and cleaning up sessions

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Mon May 28 10:29:49 EDT 2007

I use 'SessionExpire 2 days' in catalog.cfg, and the following is run
nightly to clean up sessions:

# find /pathto/catalog/tmp -type f -mmin +480 | xargs --no-run-if-empty rm
# find /pathto/catalog/tmp -type d -empty -depth -mindepth 1 | xargs
--no-run-if-empty rmdir
# find /pathto/catalog/session -type f -mmin +480 | xargs --no-run-if-empty rm
# find /pathto/catalog/session -type d -empty -depth -mindepth 1 |
xargs --no-run-if-empty rmdir

Do those entries clean up all sessions, active and inactive?  If so,
is there a way to clean up sessions only after 2 days of inactivity?

Should I put my sessions in a DBM or mysql database instead of in files?

- Grant