[ic] [captcha] won't generate image

Ton Verhagen tverhagen at alamerce.nl
Sat Nov 3 06:31:11 EST 2007

Quoting Grant <emailgrant at gmail.com> :
>I've studied the docs in the captcha tag's source but I can't get it
>to generate an image on the server.  I'm not sure which of these
>should generate the image but I've tried both:
>
>[captcha function=code image-path=/full/path/captcha]
>
>[captcha function=image name-only=1 relative=1 image-path=/full/path/captcha]
>
>I have the following permissions on the captcha directory:
>
>drwxrwxr-x interch users
>
>I've installed the Authen-Captcha and GD perl modules and added the
>following to interchange.cfg:
>
>Require module Authen::Captcha
>Require module GD
>
>I've restarted IC and apache and there is nothing in error.log or
>error_log.  Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Put the following code on a test page. It works for me.

  [if cgi mv_captcha_guess]
    [tmp good][captcha check][/tmp]
    [if scratch good]
      You guessed right!
    [else]
      Sorry, try again.
    [/else]
    [/if]
  [/if]

  [captcha length=5 function=image]

  <form action="[process href="@@MV_PAGE@@"]">
  <input type=text name=mv_captcha_guess size value="">
  <input type=submit value="Guess">
  </form>

  [error auto=1]

Of course you will need properly installed modules:
- GD (including the GD perl modules)
- Digest::MD5
- Authen::Captcha

There is no need for any Require in interchange.cfg
as the required module Authen::Captcha is loaded
in the global captcha tag.

Good luck !

Best regards,

Ton

--
Alamerce Nederland --- Cornerstone of eBusiness
Phone +31-40-2374381    info at alamerce.nl    http://www.alamerce.nl

eCommerce Solutions -- Consulting -- Website & Interchange Hosting