[ic] Problem with Installation

Norm Dressler norm at dressler.ca
Sat Nov 3 11:27:11 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

Please bear with me, I'm new to Interchange.

I've installed Interchange and a catalog called jnd.

I can start Interchange.  But whenever I try to access it with a browser
it gives me a message:
We're sorry, the Interchange server is unavailable...
We are out of service or may be experiencing high system demand. Please
try again soon.

I've turned on debugging in Interchange and nothing seems to be
happening.

I look at the Apache logs and I don't see any errors and I see the
access in the access log.

The jnd program is found in cgi-bin. I've tried to add another catelog
with makecat but same effect.

I suspect there is breakdown in Apache talking to the Interchange daemon
but not sure where to look.

If there is someplace else I can look for info, please let me know.

I'm running on Arch Linux (source based), Apache 2.2.6, self-compiled
perl non-threaded.

Norm