[ic] Paypal Module - need one to work

Norm Dressler norm at dressler.ca
Sun Nov 11 11:06:27 EST 2007

> > There were errors in your last submission:
> >

> >         (Payment process): There was an error accepting payment:
> >         Real-time charge failed. Reason:
> >
> > Please correct the areas listed above which are highlighted in this
> > color in the form.
> >
> > The log file shows:
> > 192.168.15.177 fjAIQwjH:192.168.15.177 - [10/November/2007:13:42:05
> > -0500] jnd /cgi-bin/jnd/ord/finalize.html ERRORS on ORDER TEST0016:
> >> Error during creation of order routing log:
> >> Route log failed. at /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Order.pm line
> > 1841.
> >
> > And i'm not sure what the problem is now.  Any help would be
> > appreciated.
>
> Found below just by typing 'Route log failed' on www.icdevgroup.org:
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2003-March/032165.html
>
> Don't forget to search a bit. Most of the problems have been encountered by
> others as well. And if you had searched first, your cold might be more
> serious than you think ;)

Searched and read the above but it really didn't help with my problem.

I've moved a bit further but I'm wondering if I'm misunderstanding how
the Paypalexpress module is suppose to work.  Should it not load up a
paypal page to allow payment to be transferred, then return to my page?
Or is the module expecting the credit card number ,expiry date, etc sent
by us and the charge is done like other credit card gateways?

I've gone through the script and uncommented the log debug messages
which has directed me to the above question.

I know you don't use this module Gert, so not expecting you to come up
with an answer on this one.

thanks
Norm