[ic] Paypal Module - need one to work

Lyn St George lyn at zolotek.net
Sun Nov 11 15:28:50 EST 2007

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 11:06:27 -0500, Norm Dressler wrote:

I've just caught up with this.

>> > There were errors in your last submission:
>> >

>> >         (Payment process): There was an error accepting payment:
>> >         Real-time charge failed. Reason:
>> >
>> > Please correct the areas listed above which are highlighted in this
>> > color in the form.
>> >
>> > The log file shows:
>> > 192.168.15.177 fjAIQwjH:192.168.15.177 - [10/November/2007:13:42:05
>> > -0500] jnd /cgi-bin/jnd/ord/finalize.html ERRORS on ORDER TEST0016:
>> > 1841.
>> >
>> > And i'm not sure what the problem is now.  Any help would be
>> > appreciated.

Most likely it's not logging the returned values correctly - check the MySQL
log. If no errors, perhaps you are trying to log a NULL value in a column
declared NOT NULL. The columns you asked about previously can be
varchar(255), or 128 which is the Interchange default.

As for making buttons or links; the IC demo is full of examples to use.

>Searched and read the above but it really didn't help with my problem.
>
>I've moved a bit further but I'm wondering if I'm misunderstanding how
>the Paypalexpress module is suppose to work.  Should it not load up a
>paypal page to allow payment to be transferred, then return to my page?
>Or is the module expecting the credit card number ,expiry date, etc sent
>by us and the charge is done like other credit card gateways?

To quote a shortened piece from the docs:
"The flow is: the first button for Paypal goes to the 'paypalsetrequest' page, which sends a request
to Paypal to initialise the transaction and gets a token back in return. If Paypal fails to send back
a token, then the module refreshes that page with an error message suggesting that the customer should
use your normal payment service provider and shows the cards that you accept. Once the token is read, then
your customer is taken to Paypal to login and choose his payment method. Once that is done, he returns
to us and hits the 'paypalgetrequest' page. This gets his full address as held by Paypal, bounces to the final
'paypalcheckout' page and populates the form with his address details. Then the customer clicks the final 'pay
now' button and the transaction is done."

>I've gone through the script and uncommented the log debug messages
>which has directed me to the above question.
>
>thanks
>Norm

-
Lyn