[ic] Red Hat & Interchange

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Thu Nov 15 09:57:03 EST 2007

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007, Steve Graham wrote:

> Anyone using Red Hat Enterprise Linux with IC? stability, threads...

We use RHEL 3, 4, and 5 with Interchange. It works well.

We build a custom Perl in /usr/local that is unthreaded and put CPAN
modules there.

When using a 64-bit operating system, we still use a 32-bit Perl and run
Interchange in 32-bit because of much longer experience with it. I've seen
Interchange run in 64-bit Perl, but haven't done enough testing to have
confidence with it in production yet.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen