[ic] Moving the admin interface to a different url

Paul Jordan jordan at gishnetwork.com
Sat Nov 17 15:22:22 EST 2007

> the ability to change the admin url to a different location
> would be a
> valuable feature.  None of the above solutions stop a user *finding*
> the admin logon page in the first place.  To me it seems like a
> sensible and desirable feature, which is presumably why it existed in

That brings up a good point. Companies like google hire 750 million people to
find all the pages on the internet and type information about them in it's
index. Someone should really make a robot to find all the pages out there. It
could even be enhanced to find forms with fields like 'username' or 'password'
and buttons titled 'login'. That might be too cutting edge though.

I think master minds could easily find any page, of course, this would only
limit your exposure to people with British accents that wear an eye patch, and a
very fluffy white cat.

:-)

Kidding aside, you cannot hide a page from normal http access by changing it's
name or location. The only way to obscure it is by making it accessible through
a sequence of events.

Paul Jordan

Gish Network
  For Print, Web and Life