[ic] Apply changes not working correctly in High Traffic mode

Aaron Berg ir.gath at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 12:27:06 EST 2007

Hi,

I have an Interchange install running in High Traffic mode.  In one of
the catalogs we've given the customer access to the 'Admin' tab and
created some custom values in there to control some settings for the
front end of the site.

What we've found is that 'apply changes' (or --reconfig from the
command line) doesn't reload the values in variable.txt.  Or more
accurately, it reloads them sometimes, but not consistently.

Our settings for high traffic mode are:

HouseKeeping 20
MaxServers   10
PIDcheck     120

I haven't found anything in the Interchange error or debug logs or in
the catalog error log that would give me a hint.

Does anyone have any suggestions?