[ic] Re: Apply changes not working correctly in High Traffic mode

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Mon Oct 29 19:19:33 EST 2007

On 10/29/2007 04:45 PM, Jon Jensen wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Oct 2007, Aaron Berg wrote:
>
>> It seems like the 'apply changes' function requires Interchange to
>> automatically run housekeeping before the 'reconfiguring' page
>> refreshes to the info page.  If so it would explain the seemingly
>> random times apply changes would work with the old config of 20.
>>
>> Is my assumption close?  I'd really like to understand why this change
>> fixed things.
>
> I believe that's exactly what's going on. Reconfiguring a catalog
> happens only at housekeeping time.

So if my understanding is correct you're saying that if the OP were to
just be a little more patient and wait up to 20 seconds for the
housekeeping run to occur after apply changes then he would see the
changes on his sites?

Perhaps we should document this in a FAQ somewhere (btw we need a new FAQ).

Peter