[ic] one store gone nuts - 500 errors - HELP!

Glenn McCalley techlist at bnetmd.net
Tue Sep 4 19:16:34 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marty Tennison" <marty at sediva.com>
To: <interchange-users at icdevgroup.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 6:11 PM
Subject: Re: [ic] one store gone nuts - 500 errors - HELP!

> Glenn McCalley wrote:
>> Hi all.
>>
>> Store works fine until you press the final "Place Order" button on the
>> checkout page.
>> 500 - Internal Server Error.
> [snip]
>
> My ideas....
>
> 1) Variable  DEBUG  1   (in interchange.cfg) restart

Already tried that - used it before once - and no /tmp/icdebug file gets
created (I thought that's where it got created?).
At least "find" can't find anything by the name "icdebug" anywhere in the
system.  Terrific.  Some other switch need to be thrown to get that started?

> 2) Check etc/username.counter and etc/order.number and make sure the
> next username or order number does not conflict with the DB records

Order number seems OK: order.number is 004745, last good order was 004715.
30 missing order numbers are I'm sure attempts to purchase by customers and
our tests.

logs/log shows last user created U04613
username.counter is: U04643 -- I'm sure the gap are the purchase attempts in
the past few hours.
Same 30 number gap as order.number.  Consistency, anyway...

> 3) Restart everything

More than once -- IC, apache (incl SSL).  Have not booted the system -- but
then why for this one store?  Other stores are selling stuff...

> 4) Find out who updated something without you knowing. :)

Yeah I know... nothing obvious.  No files updated in past 24 hours that
aren't expected to be in an operating store.

PLUS - Perl core dumps everytime you push "Place Order".  No software
installed today either.  This thing has been rock like for months.

Thanks hugely, can you think of anything else?
Glenn.