[ic] one store gone nuts - Different, anyway.

Glenn McCalley techlist at bnetmd.net
Sun Sep 9 15:38:53 EDT 2007

Thanks to all helping me with the 500 errors.

I implemented PaymentTest - it had no effect on the errors but does ease
testing greatly.  Got tired of voiding all those test charges - Thanks Ron.

Placed [calc] Debug statements through log_transaction - Thanks Peter - and
quickly isolated the problem to the autocreate user process.  Went to export
the userdb file to review it and -that- blew up.  Working under the
assumption that the userdb.db is hosed, deleted it and let it rebuild from a
userdb.txt and HooRay an order processes!

Now!  Something New!
Each order placed fails the first time through on "Place Order" at checkout
with
There were errors in your last submission:

  (Customer record creation): There was an error adding you to the customer
table.

icdebug file shows the following:
Number found where operator expected at (eval 1003) line 2, near "1
                              1"
                 (Missing operatore before
                              1?)

All you have to do is re-click "Place Order" - no changes to the order page
(other than re-key the card number which I'd expect) and the order flies
through just fine.
The user counter is incremented by 1 on the second submission.
Only one user record is in fact created.
These are standard dbm files - no SQL.
Permissions / ownership match other catalogs.

Ideas?  Thanks!
Glenn.