[ic] one store gone nuts - OMG it works

Paul Jordan jordan at gishnetwork.com
Sun Sep 9 18:53:38 EDT 2007

interchange-users-bounces at icdevgroup.org wrote:
> [...]

Glenn, so what was the problem after all, still unknown?

The only time I have seen anything like your original problem was when the
counter file and userdb were not in sync. This can happen several ways. One
way is improper importing of user records. Another is by creating usernames
similar to UNNNNN (via create new account) that are higher than a auto
usernames currently being issued by the cart. If the store is not filtering
those new usernames out (which should be standard), then one could put a
stop the store very easily. Go to your shop and make an account with the
username U05000, and wait :-)

It'd be nice to know what was going on with your shop.

Paul