[ic] one store gone nuts - OMG it works

Glenn McCalley techlist at bnetmd.net
Sun Sep 9 19:23:57 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Jordan" <jordan at gishnetwork.com>
To: <interchange-users at icdevgroup.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2007 6:53 PM
Subject: RE: [ic] one store gone nuts - OMG it works

> interchange-users-bounces at icdevgroup.org wrote:

Paul, best I can tell it was a good old-fashioned corrupt file.  To
summarize:

- The original problem was that -every- order for this store (others on same
IC server OK) would throw a 500 Internal Server Error upon clicking the
final "Place Order" button on checkout.

- The CC charge processed fine (had to void a lot of charges as people
clicked back and Place order again and again.  No receipts were issued, no
order files created in orders lib.

- Believing it was a Perl problem of some sort I upgraded Perl (5.8.5 to
5.8.8) and re-installed Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink no help.  That turned
out to be more of a task than I'd thought, but should have been up to date
anyway.

- Got advice from list on how to construct [calc]debug('message');[/calc]
implants for log_transaction and after moving those around and trying orders
determined that things were dying in the user auto-create process.

- Went to export the user file (using the UI) to examine the data and the
export process threw a 500.  Ah Ha bad data.

- Decided the userdb.db itself was hosed so deleted it and recreated an
empty database (auto-recreate from userdb.txt with just the column header
record) and reset the user counter to U00000.  No damage to client he
doesn't use anything on the back end anyway.

- At this time - here is where I think I screwed up - I put a [calc]debug
statement within the compare part of the "if" statement above and I believe
that -I- thus killed the user create process that a clean userdb.db file
resurrected.  So the problem appeared to change.

Moral - change one thing at a time.

On advice from Kevin Walsh I relocated that statement and Bingo changed
problem fixed.

The store in question if you are interested is a ticket sales store for wine
festivals, beer festivals, octoberfests and such.  www.mooreatix.com  Of
course this happened 3 days before a major wine event which -really- earned
us a lot of credibility but we'll deal with that tomorrow.

Thanks for asking,
Glenn.