[ic] Custom SearchOP

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Mon Sep 10 13:49:38 EDT 2007

Tom Tucker <tom at ttucker.com> wrote:
> I am using "Mike Heins' modified foundation demo" from 2003. Added a
> column for model to the products table (VARCHAR 64). The abridged
> dataset I am searching through looks like this:
>
> sku        model  prod_group  Category
> ---------  -----  ----------  --------
> MRD_CD5    65-73  Mustang     RADIO
> MRD_CD6    65-73  Mustang     RADIO
> M_5482A    65-66  Mustang     RADIO
> MRD_103    65-66  Mustang     RADIO
> MRD_105CD  65-66  Mustang     RADIO
> MRD_1601   65-66  Mustang     RADIO
> MRD_1501   65-66  Mustang     RADIO
> MRD_12000  65-66  Mustang     RADIO
> MRD_105    65-66  Mustang     RADIO
> MRD_106    65-66  Mustang     RADIO
> MRD_106CD  65-66  Mustang     RADIO
> MRD_S06    65-73  Mustang     RADIO
> MRD_101    65-66  Mustang     RADIO
> MRD_107    65-66  Mustang     RADIO
> MRD_107CD  65-66  Mustang     RADIO
> MRD_108    65-66  Mustang     RADIO
> M_5482C    65-73  Mustang     RADIO
> MRD_S11    65-68  Mustang     RADIO
> MRD_S12    65-73  Mustang     RADIO
> M_5486A    65-67  Mustang     RADIO
> MRD_CD     65-73  Mustang     RADIO
>
> But the scan only returns the following skus:
> MRD_101
> MRD_103
> MRD_105
> MRD_105CD
> MRD_106
> MRD_106CD
> MRD_107
> MRD_107CD
> MRD_108
> MRD_12000
> MRD_1501
> MRD_1601
> M_5482A
>
> When I look at the mysql log, I see that an "active != 1" is added to
> the query (select * from products  WHERE inactive != 1 AND prod_group =
> 'Mustang' AND category = 'RADIO') and then 15 iterative selects over the
> 13 skus returned getting the additional product, pricing and inventory data.

"WHERE inactive != 1" will be added to the search SQL if you have a
"HIDE_FIELD inactive" modifier defined for your table.  See here:

    http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/Database_reference_guide.html#HIDE_FIELD

Do the missing rows all have their "inactive" column set to "1"?

Heh - that'd be too easy.  Assuming that that is not the case, can you
show the actual search specification you are submitting.

> Noting in the VENDROOT error.log nor debug.log and nothing in the
> CATROOT error.log. Curious that a ::logDebug in the SearchOp shows
> nothing in the VENDROOT debug.log.

::logDebug won't be available for use within your (local) SeaarchOp
code.  Use Debug() instead:

    http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/Interchange_Perl_objects.html#Debug

> Sorry to be so verbose

Verbose is good.