[ic] Custom SearchOP

Paul Jordan jordan at gishnetwork.com
Mon Sep 10 14:04:16 EDT 2007

interchange-users-bounces at icdevgroup.org wrote:
> Jon Jensen wrote:
>> On Mon, 10 Sep 2007, Paul Jordan wrote:
>>> Shouldn't this
>>> my @pat = split(/,/, $pat);
>>> Be:
>>> my @pat = split(/\,/, $pat);
>> Why? There's nothing special about , in a regex. Or did you find a
>> problem with it?
>> Jon
> The split command works as expected when I use the SearchOp sub
> outside of Interchange.

Sorry, hit send too soon.

Now I know it's syntax. Obviously /,/,  looks odd to me as one comma is for
the split command itself, not the regex but I did not know the // was

> Would be interested in how I could "achieve this with a Mysql query
> and the IN operator" when using a search form including the other
> coordinated search items.

	FROM	products
	WHERE prod_group = '[cgi prod_group]'
	AND 	category = '[cgi category]'
	AND 	model IN ('67','71','72','73')

Filter your cgi's of course.Then take your [cgi model] and format it into a
comma delimited quoted list. I take it you can get all this in one post:
55,63,65-68,70-73 ?

I didn't know about the SearchOP though, so one may be more efficient than
the other. I'd think splitting the model years out once, then running it
through IN is efficient. SearchOP *might* be running your comparisons on
every record... But again, I don't know how SearchOP works

Paul Jordan