[ic] Items-Software for Download

Paul Jordan jordan at gishnetwork.com
Tue Sep 25 12:08:45 EDT 2007

interchange-users-bounces at icdevgroup.org wrote:
> I have several software downloads that I would like to make
> public as a item so they can be searched for but I don't want
> to have to make a customer check out to be able to download
> the item.  What would be the best way to handle this so I can
> have these entered as an item and then users can download the
> documents or files?
> Thanks
> Tommy

You just need to know how to make the document availiable likity split, as
opposed to after checkout yet? The easiest thing IMO would be to use

Set your software items to use a different flypage, where you can simply
present a link for direct download on that new flypage. Downloading large
amounts of data can be an issue, and you may want to look into how to do
that efficiently.