[ic] Intermittent 500 on "Submit Order"

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 16:19:24 EDT 2007

I'm seeing intermittent 500 errors when someone clicks the "Submit
Order" button.  It seems to happen only when submitting an order.  It
can happen regardless of the payment method, so it isn't a problem
with GPG.  The backend processes of the order placement always seem to
go through fine, but the customer is not seeing the order receipt
page.

I do have a weird order receipt page.  All of the database writing,
etc. for an order is done on my order receipt page inside [tmp
hide][/tmp].  I set that up years ago when I couldn't get order routes
to work and I was desperate to get the store running.  Could that be
causing this 500 problem?  I can't think of anything else that makes
the order submission process unique except for this:

[perl no_return="1"]
        @{$Carts->{$CGI->{mv_cartname} || 'main'}} = ();
[/perl]

I get this in ssl_error_log:

Connection reset by peer at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Interchange/Link.pm line 802.\n

- Grant