[ic] [HALF-SOLVED] Weird form dropdown problem

Davor Ocelic docelic at mail.inet.hr
Thu Sep 27 13:22:00 EDT 2007

On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 02:46:32PM -0400, Davor Ocelic wrote:

> However, if you DO fill the dropdowns and move to the next page, and then
> click "Back" in your browser, 2 non-required and 1 required dropdown
> retain their value as you'd expect and behave properly. BUT the
> last (4th and required) dropdown resets its value to no value:
> There is an [error] field just beside it which prints the
> "Not filled in..." error message and the value is visibly empty.
>
> What's even more confusing, even though it told you the field was
> empty, you can click the submit button again and the profile check
> does not complain about the missing field - it lets is pass.

Ok, I've figured the profile check thing:

The original programmers have done this:

::::: page1.html:

mv_nextpage=page2
mv_form_profile=validate

[set validate]
f1_id=required
f2_id=required
[/set]

::::: page2.html:

mv_nextpage=page3
mv_form_profile=validate

[set validate]
something=required
something_else=required
[/set]

Obviously, when you move to the next page, your original profile
gets overwritten by another one (they have the same name "validate").
So when you click "Submit" again,
you're validating against the wrong profile.

The problem I did not solve yet, is why one of the four dropdowns
resets itself to no value when you click "Back". But at least now it
is not letting you continue without selecting the value again...

Thanks,
-doc