[ic] No CGI->{mv_nextpage} value in Autoload

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Fri Apr 4 18:11:58 CDT 2008

On 04/04/2008 09:22 AM, Bill Carr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running Interchange 5.4.1, Apache 1.3.37, mod_interchange
>
> I have following in my catalog.cfg:
> Autoload <<EOA
> [perl global=1]
> 	::logDebug('NEXTPAGE: ' . $CGI->{mv_nextpage});
> [/perl]
> EOA
>
> I don't get any value for $CGI->{mv_nextpage} in my debug log. I just
> get 'NEXTPAGE:'.
>
> Any ideas why that could be or other ways to do page redirects within
> Interchange? My example above is simplified. What I ultimately would
> like to do is redirect to the home page of the site if the user is
> following a link to an old obsolete page. The search engines have
> links to pages we do not use anymore.

Why not simply replace the old pages with a one line page:
[bounce page=index]

...and add this near the top of your flypage.html:
[bounce page=index if="[item-field inactive]"]

If you want to bounce all missing pages to index.html, then simply add
this to your catalog.cfg:
SpecialPage missing index

Peter