[ic] order_returns no longer working

DB DB at M-and-D.com
Mon Apr 7 19:36:39 CDT 2008

DB wrote:
> I recently migrated a foundation catalog to a new server. Most
> everything is working well, but for some reason the order_returns table
> (mysql) is no longer getting updated.
>
> RMA numbers are issued, and the emails get sent, but no new data is
> appearing in the order_returns table. I see nothing of any help in the
> error logs.
>
> Before I started the catalog on the new server, I edited:
>
> .../etc/rma.number
> and
> .../etc/return.number
>
> I guess I'm unsure how these two files differ, nor if I should have
> edited them.
>
> Can anyone suggest a troubleshooting method?

I did find an error:

Incorrect datetime value: '' for column 'update_date' at row 1 at
/usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 1258.
query was:insert into order_returns
(code,order_number,return_date,total,username,nitems,session,rma_number,update_date)

Which is apparently an issue with the external windows-based mysql
server that I'm using. I had the same trouble with the UserDB, but
someone here posted a workaround:

#UserDB    default    time_field    mod_time
UserDB    default    time_field    none

Is there a similar spell that I can cast upon the order_returns table?

Maybe I should reconsider using a local database.

DB