[ic] Dealer Quantity Pricing Woes

IC ic at tvcables.co.uk
Mon Apr 28 22:09:12 UTC 2008

Hi Folks,

I am really struggling with dealer quantity pricing and how it actually
works.

I have setup a product in the pricing table that has q2, q5 prices etc and
it also has w2, w5 prices etc, I want to use the q prices for everyone and
the w prices for dealers.

In catalog.cfg I have:-

AutoModifier pricing:price_group

AutoModifier gift_cert
FractionalItems Yes

Profile dealer <<EOR
{
	CommonAdjust => <<EOF,

		pricing:w2,w5,w10,w25,w100:,
		;:wholesale,
		;:wholesale:mv_sku,
		;$,
		==:options
EOF
	NonTaxableField => 'nontaxable',
}
EOR

Profile default CommonAdjust   "pricing:q2,q5,q10,q25,q100 ;:sale_price,
;:price, ;$, ==:options"
Profile default NonTaxableField
Profile default PriceField 0

PriceField      0
CommonAdjust    pricing:q2,q5,q10,q25,q100 ;:sale_price, ;:price, ;$,
==:options

This works fine for general quantity pricing that everyone can see but when
logged in as user with dealer set to yes the quantity pricing still uses the
q values and not the w values.

I have been through the docs and mail list but I cannot get it to work. If
logged in as a dealer do I have to tell interchange to use the dealer
profile or does it do it automatically, does it need some code at the top of
pages to set the dealer profile? I cannot seem to find a basic example of
how it works, I have read the pricing docs and RTFM commonadjust pages but
cannot find a basic description of how the profile works.

Thanks,
Andy.