[ic] Dealer Quantity Pricing Woes (FIXED)

IC ic at tvcables.co.uk
Tue Apr 29 17:20:44 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 23:09 +0100, IC wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I am really struggling with dealer quantity pricing and how it actually
> works.
>
> I have setup a product in the pricing table that has q2, q5 prices etc and
> it also has w2, w5 prices etc, I want to use the q prices for everyone and
> the w prices for dealers.
>
> In catalog.cfg I have:-
>
> AutoModifier pricing:price_group
>
> AutoModifier gift_cert
> FractionalItems Yes
>
> Profile dealer <<EOR
> {
> 	CommonAdjust => <<EOF,
>
> 		pricing:w2,w5,w10,w25,w100:,
> 		;:wholesale,
> 		;:wholesale:mv_sku,
> 		;$,
> 		==:options
> EOF
> 	NonTaxableField => 'nontaxable',
> }
> EOR
>
> Profile default CommonAdjust   "pricing:q2,q5,q10,q25,q100 ;:sale_price,
> ;:price, ;$, ==:options"
> Profile default NonTaxableField
> Profile default PriceField 0
>
> PriceField      0
> CommonAdjust    pricing:q2,q5,q10,q25,q100 ;:sale_price, ;:price, ;$,
> ==:options
>

> This works fine for general quantity pricing that everyone can see but
when
> logged in as user with dealer set to yes the quantity pricing still uses
the
> q values and not the w values.
>
> I have been through the docs and mail list but I cannot get it to work. If
> logged in as a dealer do I have to tell interchange to use the dealer
> profile or does it do it automatically, does it need some code at the top
of
> pages to set the dealer profile? I cannot seem to find a basic example of
> how it works, I have read the pricing docs and RTFM commonadjust pages but
> cannot find a basic description of how the profile works.
>
> Thanks,
> Andy.

Maybe first check to see if they are really logged in as a dealer.
Try adding this to a page and see:

[if scratch dealer]
  I am a Dealer, and I should get dealer prices!
[/if]

After that, at least you know the system does see them as a dealer...

rick

I think I finally fixed this, it seems the dealer user requires the field
price_level to be set to dealer in userdb, my userdb table doesn't have this
field so I'll have to add it. My interpretation of the docs is that all you
need to do is set the user to dealer status, this is clearly not all that is
required and I didn't see price_level mentioned anywhere?

Andy.