[ic] Not threaded perl installation

Davor Ocelic docelic at mail.inet.hr
Wed Apr 30 17:02:02 UTC 2008

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 17:47:02 +0200
Marco Mescoli <m.mescoli at omnib.it> wrote:

> Sorry, in the email made an error but on ubuntu shell I correctly
> type:
>
> sh Configure -de
>
> with the posted results

I've tried it just now on Debian, and without looking deeper into
the problem, 'make' also fails with some error in the Makefile.

Try saving the output of Configure -de to a file
(sh Configure -de >& /tmp/log), and then inspect /tmp/log for
any errors that shouldn't have been ignored.

Also, since you do have Perl 5.8.8., consider using the system Perl.
IC 5.4.2 will ask you whether you want to run with threads, but 5.8.8.
is good for Interchange and in recent versions we don't display the
threads warning for >= 5.8.8. at all.

If you still want to compile the perl yourself, see Ubuntu bug databases
about the problem and/or post to their mailing lists.

-doc