[ic] Large file uploads failing

jimbo jimbo at soundimages.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 19:11:12 UTC 2008

Gert van der Spoel wrote:

> Not totally sure but he is probably referring to the HammerLock directive:
> http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/config/HammerLock.html

I've monitored the upload using tcpdump and can confirm the upload
completes, as far as Apache is concerned. Once the interchange cgi link
program is invoked the interchange process goes into 99% cpu mode, the
memory bounces around like a yo-yo, eventually fails. Raising the Apache
TimeOut directive value has no real benefit, as eventually the process
dies and I get a 500 error in any case.

I know this is not a network issue as I've set up a test bed on the
machine and all uploads are done using a small Perl script that
generates random large uploads.

> But you do not get any error messages/failures when doing the upload?

There are no messages in either the catalog error log or the Apache
error log until the process fails and Apache logs a premature end of
script headers.

jimbo
;-)

--
Jim Brewer
Sound Images
E jimbo at soundimages.co.uk
W http://www.soundimages.co.uk/

The information in this email is confidential and the contents are not
to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee, except with their
permission. The opinions expressed represent those of the individual and
not necessarily those of Sound Images. If received in error please
advise the sender and remove from your system.

Sound Images does not guarantee this message, or any attachments, are
free from viruses or other defects.