[ic] COMMON_MENU flyout, and tree table question

Rick Bragg lists at gmnet.net
Fri Aug 15 15:40:18 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am trying to modify my COMMON_MENU to NOT use the file
"include/menus/catalog/top file.  I need it to use the "tree" table
directly and NOT use any flat file at all. (I will use a timed build
instead)

In my "tree" table, I have all my top navigation entries set were the
mgroup is set to top-navigation.

I have tried lots of combinations to get it to work, but the menu is
always blank unless I copy over the old include/menus/catalog/top file
over to include/menus/top-navigation.

It seems as though there is no way to use the "tree" table directly to
populate a [menu type="flyout"].  It works with type="tree" though.

Here is my code in COMMON_MENU, but for some reason, it does not work.

[menu name="top-navigation"
		menu-type="flyout"
		use-file=""
		anchor_down="1"
		entities="description"
		exclude_on="exclude_on"
		items="depends_on"
		js_prefix="top_"
		flyout_class="submenu"
		flyout_style="border: 1px solid #dddddd; padding: 4px; padding-left:
1px;"
		submenu_image_right="[var IMAGE_DIR]/sm_right.gif"
		inactive="inactive"
		indicator_class="menu_class=name"
		indicator_page="page"
		link_class="submenu"
		nbsp="name"
		logged_in="member"
		localize="name,description"
	  ]

Notice I set "use-file="".  This does stop it from using the flat file,
but it does not use the table either.  How can I tell it to use the
"tree" table directly?

Is there anything that I am missing?

Thanks!
Rick