[ic] Footer background
Gert van der Spoel
gert at 3edge.com
Mon Aug 18 08:53:45 UTC 2008
> -----Original Message-----
> From: interchange-users-bounces at icdevgroup.org [mailto:interchange-
> users-bounces at icdevgroup.org] On Behalf Of John Hoy
> Sent: zondag 17 augustus 2008 20:11
> To: interchange-users at icdevgroup.org
> Subject: Re: [ic] Footer background
> Hi Gert,
> Thanks for the information, the way you suggest is the way I prefer to
> do it. The one thing I cannot understand is how to change the
> template of the site.
> I have gone to:
> admin/miscellaneous/content edit/template edit and there seems to be
> no way of editing the layout of the site.
> I then went to:
> admin/templates and re-configured "noleft" and renamed it "noleft2"
> Changing the background, and other edits, but when I went to do a
> "change template" to the new "noleft2" the changes did not take, it is
> like there is a different place this needs to be changed. I have been
> struggling with this for months now and have given up each attempt to
> change templates. I can change it from the standard noleft to top/left
> areas etc. but cannot seem to get one of my edited templates to
> I would rather change the template than the CSS for the layout.
To test it on the standard catalog I did the following.
I went in the Interchange Admin and did:
- http://demo.icdevgroup.org/i/demo1/admin (demo,demo)
- Miscellaneous (top navigation)
- Template edit (tab under 'Content editor')
- clicked on the 'noleft' template ('Page with top/bottom areas only,
content in middle')
- change the Description field (so you can recognize te template)
- click 'Save'
- put in field 'New name' (left bottom) 'noleft2'
- clicked 'Publish'
- screen shows 'Published noleft2'
In the browser I opened the following page from the standard catalog:
- pages shows left menu and top/right spaces filled
- in the admin I click on 'contact.html' (which should be showing where you
read the 'Published noleft2'
- in the pulldown menu on the right 'Template: ' you will notice the
Description as you put it
- pick that template
- click 'Change template'
- click 'Publish'
- refresh the 'contact page' you had opened
- if all worked the left menu has disappeared.
This is the process that should be changing your template data ...
If this did not happen , did it give you any error messages?
An option is to get the latest ContentEditor.pm from CVS and see if that
More information about the interchange-users