[ic] Risks of websites served from Subversion or CVS checkouts

Gert van der Spoel gert at 3edge.com
Wed Aug 20 19:18:23 UTC 2008

My usual tactics for this:
- cvs tag  on dev
- auto sync to production
- cvs checkout xxx
- change over symlink to the new version
- if it blows up, change back the symlink

Of course you'd have to get everything from cvs and you do not need to keep
a stack of logs or accumulated data in your tree ...
All these are depending on the type of projects etc ... Even if some data
would need to stay you could write a script to pull that data out of the
other tree again etc ...

But I'm going off track by now :)
CU,

Gert