[ic] shipmode validation

Adam Lambert adam at khouse.org
Wed Dec 3 18:24:23 UTC 2008

> That said, you should seek to incorporate this kind of logic into a
> form profile that gets checked when checkout.html is submitted, rather
> than incorporating it into the confirm page.

    How would I get it to check those values after checkout.html but
before confirm.html?   The problem I am having, is that some users
disable javascript in their web browsers which is what creates the
problem I am trying to solve - which is that users can set country code
to US, turn off javascript, and then fill in, say South Africa in
checkout.html and only get charged the US shipping amount.   If the
client has javascript enabled, there are currently checks in place that
catch that sort of thing.   So, basically, to fully solve this issue,
the check has to be done server-side and post submit of checkout.html
(at least that's how it appears to me).

Thanks,

--
Adam Lambert