[ic] Need a fix for major tax problem

David Etheredge David-Etheredge at worldnet.att.net
Fri Feb 1 00:48:21 EST 2008

I have a problem with interchange that is unique to my state.

Since I am in Alabama and Alabama shows up first in the state list in the
US, interchchange automatically charges the applied state tax for all
customers until they change the state. If they forget to change the state,
they get charged tax. If a customer is from another country and changes the
country, the state stays AL and they still get charged tax. Many countries
do not have a state or province so they ignore changing the state. Then they
get pixxed and cancel their order because they do not want to pay the tax.
Customers in Alberta Canada get charged Alabama US tax!

How can I force the tax to be $0.00 when the country is not US?

How can I select a different default state?

Thanks

David