[ic] IDE for IC

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Sun Feb 10 22:26:16 EST 2008

On 02/10/2008 04:55 PM, Rick Bragg wrote:
> I'm interested in peoples thoughts and experiences on IDE's for
> Interchange.
> Here are a couple of questions that I hope spark some activity.
>
> As an IC developer:
>
>   What os/distro do you use for IC server?

I use centos, but IC will run on any linux distro and many other OSes
just fine as well.

>   What os/distro do you use for personal (laptop)?

Ubuntu, but it doesn't matter as development is done on the server.

>   What IDE('s) do you use for development?

I just use emacs on the server, use whatever editor you're comfortable
with, though.

>   Other thoughts on developing IC applications?

Download / Install / Jump in.  As Kevin said earlier, RTFM
<http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/> and if you have any questions feel
free to hop onto irc.icdevgroup.org #interchange and ask, or ask here on
the ml.

Peter