[ic] IDE for IC

Doug Whiteley doug at scotwebshops.com
Mon Feb 11 06:42:08 EST 2008

Rick Bragg wrote:
>   What os/distro do you use for IC server?

We use Gentoo, Debian, Ubuntu Server, and RHEL to serve various
interchange sites.
>   What os/distro do you use for personal (laptop)?

At work I use a couple of mac minis, one with Ubuntu on it and one with
OS X, running synergy to share mouse+keyboard.
>   What IDE('s) do you use for development?

Vim and subversion. We have a devsite that we test changes on which also
hosts a subversion repo of all our catalogs and interchange tags etc.
Any changes get checked in on the devsite then checked out on the
production servers. Very minor tweaks sometimes just get edited live,
but changes are always checked back in to svn.

--
Douglas Whiteley, Web and Database Developer
Scotweb Marketing Ltd